Chair, c. 1948, attributed to Henry Turchin, design direction by Louis Dierra, manufactured by the Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA), slumped plate glass, metal, woven textile (Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum, New York City)
This video was produced in cooperation with the Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum.
This chair at the Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
1939’s ‘World of Tomorrow’ Shaped Our Today | WIRED
Smarthistory images for teaching and learning:
More Smarthistory images…