Geometry and motion in Borromini’s San Carlo
Francesco Borromini, San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane (“Carlino”), Rome. Commissioned by Cardinal Francesco Barberini in 1634 for the Holy Order of the Trinity; construction began in 1638 and the church was consecrated in 1646.
Olivier Bernier, “Borromini’s Rome”, The New York Times, Dec. 22, 1991
San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane / Vault
by Matthew Brennan
Smarthistory images for teaching and learning:
More Smarthistory images…